Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Jen is doing great!

Jen was admitted Thursday to prepare her for surgery Friday. Everything went as planned, so nice when that happens, as it rarely is easy for Jen anytime. The best case scenario happened for the procedure for the feeding tube. She was discharged late Sunday afternoon and has been in great spirits. I am so proud of her. As usual I talked to her about it all before/during/after and she was o.k.. This is when being able to read her eyes is so important. She was unusually quiet the entire time, and I knew she was nervous. Usually her tones in her voice help us figure out what she needs, but when she is so quiet, her gaze in her eyes tell the story. She really amazed me all weekend long of being so tolerant of so many strangers. The staff was incredible with her and us. It is unfortunate she needed to have a g-tube placed, but at least the experience was as pleasant as possible.
Yesterday was a day to recoup, she was very relaxed and patient with me, as if I checked her site once, I checked it a 1000 times.
Jen just left on the bus to school. She is packed up with loads of supplies and I made sure to send her favorite foods, snacks. I am headed to work, probably the best place for me to be, to get my mind off this past weekend. Hoping Jen has a good day, I am sure she will, she loves school and everyone there is so caring and experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment