Friday, February 6, 2009

Jen likes ride from Mom instead of the bus

Well last night at 5:25 the school called saying Jen is having more seizures and they are not comfortable putting her on the bus in 5 minutes. She has a 50 minute bus ride and I agreed it wasn't a good mix to let her ride the bus. Ned and I met off the highway on his way home from work and detoured to Jen's school to get her. She had an o.k. night, and went to school this morning. She seemed fine, well by early afternoon, I received another call, more intense seizures one after another. I called the doctor, was on both cell and home phones with them both. If she had more the doctor said break the cycle with the medication. She asked if she was sick at all, "no" I answered. It was decided I was to pick her up from school again and not risk the bus ride. Well, after speaking to the school again, Jen has a fever, not high, but a fever. I made the trip and picked her up, and of course she only has her stroller for the weekend. Another story for another day.
I heard back from the GI doctor today. He wants Jen to be seen by a surgeon before scheduling her g-tube surgery, as she has had one in the past and it might just be more complicated than ususal. Of course, isn't that Jen's life? complicated?

No comments:

Post a Comment