Sunday, February 22, 2009

When did she change?

I have taken Jen to every single medical appointment she has ever had. As I am speaking with the doctors, she "talks" louder than we do, very disrupting, and doctors know if they acknowledge her voice, she will settle a few minutes, we can talk, then repeat the process to get through an appointment. The ones with no patience for it, well they aren't her doctors anymore. We know she is listening and contributing to the conversation actually about her. YES it is aggravating sometimes, but she has a right to speak, and actually there is no way to stop her from "talking" anyway.
Things have changed the last couple of months. We have had a load of appointments this Winter, she has basically been getting quieter each time. This last Friday, we had 2 appointments scheduled, which turned out to be 4 appointments by the time we were done... She was so quiet. The first was a serious appointment, I needed the information and I told her going in, "Jen I need to talk to the doctor, please be patient", see I always tell her the what/where/and who every step of the way. I do believe she gets it. Maybe because appointments are routine for her,and she needs structure, basically the same thing happens physically at most appts. for her,so I guess it is structured, routine. Even the doctor commented on how quiet she was, she smiled, so proud of herself. This appointment was full of stress for me, maybe she knew her "talking" over us was not going to help....just maybe...thanks Jen.

No comments:

Post a Comment