Monday, February 2, 2009

Another trip to the Emergency Room

On January 23rd, Jen had another awful day of seizures. They started on the bus, which is always a scare for me, continued through the morning, but were always outside the criteria for use of the Diastat at school. While I was on the phone with her school at 3:30, she began having more. They were able to break the cycle with the Diastat, but of course the EMT's were called and I met her in the ER once again. Poor Jen, I always wonder what goes through her mind during the seizures, but also with all the medical help, the ambulance ride, the ER doctors. All I can say is thank goodness her school staff is so reliable and the most caring people I know. Someone always goes with her and stays at least until I arrive. I always find someone to travel with me so she will be safe on the way home in the car, but this takes time, and seems like forever just to get to her to give her a hug.. I can't be with her all the time, but when I hear she is being sent to the hospital, I get this sinking feeling, praying she will be o.k. when I arrive. How many seizures can this child take? Once again, we arrived, took her home, and its like it never happened. Thank goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment