Friday, January 16, 2009

She was fine when she left for school

Jen is on her way home from school, early - they called at 2:30 saying she is so upset and fussing and has a lowgrade fever and needs to come home. (usually stays for the after school program til 5:30) The school suggested I call the bus co. to see if they could pick her up early. The bus company said yes and are on their way. I told them I could go but won't have her wheelchair for the long weekend. They had no problem going early, I don't like to ask for things like that. It is not a big deal to them evidently, but I feel funny asking.
For Jen's sake I hope the Motrin helps and it is a quick illness. She doesn't need any fevers, colds or anything that is going to keep her from eating and drinking. The school nurse said she had a couple seizures today too, ugh... poor Jen. To think we were on the fence of whether to send her or not today due to extremely low temperatures outside. I guess I should have listened to our instincts and kept her home. But I never thought she was the least bit sick or I never would have sent her. Well at least it is a long weekend and she can rest and hopefully feel better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment