Thursday, January 15, 2009

SHE SAID " MOM " !!

So this morning was another early start for us, as I needed to leave for work the second Jen left on the bus. We were up early and in the kitchen, I was of course talking to Jen as I was picking up. I said, "So Jen who do you think is going to get the award? " ( I was telling her why I needed to get to work early) She says "MOM" !!!! I almost dropped the dish I was holding. I said, say that again!!! She said "MOM" !! O.k. she got the biggest hug, and the tears were flowing.. she was so so aware this morning, I knew she was listening, smiling and giggling. I actually had "Jen" with me for a few minutes.. That was the best few minutes I have had in along time!! I LOVE HER VOICE WHEN SHE ACTUALLY SPEAKS!! If only it were more often, but today was going to be a good day no matter what, she spoke to me, she actually answered me! And she was right, I got the award.

While I was at work, I found out her bus was going to pick her up early from school due to the snow. I left work early. She got off the bus so happy and seemed so aware again. We were up in her room watching a movie and she all of a sudden rolled on her side and looked me right in the eyes. I said hi beautiful, she gave me a huge smile, giggled and rolled back over. She rarely lets our eyes meet, she always looks away.
Again, she was so aware and intentionally looked at me.

She is happy and smiling today, and do I dare say, so few seizures this week. I know this is the difference. When they are minimal, she is a different person, aware and more in our world. May this stage last, it feels so good for her to be in our world for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment